It is essential individuals who wear hair extensions in davie fl know how to properly care for them. Extensions allow a woman to increase the volume of her hair, add length, and add in highlights. With proper care, extensions can last much longer and continue to look more natural.
Tips For Caring For Extensions
First of all, a person needs to know what type of hair their extension is made of because natural extensions will be cared for differently than synthetic. The main difference in caring for synthetic extensions is they normally cannot handle any type of heat so they need to be allowed to air dry and no heated styling tools should be used. The following instructions are for both natural and synthetic extensions.
- Whether the hair is natural or synthetic, a person should choose a mild shampoo that does not contain sulfates. Most cosmetologists recommend individuals purchase shampoos that are specifically made for extensions. These can be purchased in beauty supply stores.
- First, the extension needs to be carefully combed to remove any tangles that may be present. Hair extensions should never be combed while they are wet. Skipping this step could result in further tangles developing.
- The next step involves filling a small sink or basin with lukewarm water, making sure the water is not too hot so it will not cause damage to the extension. A capful of the shampoo should be gently mixed in the water. More may be needed if many hair extensions are being washed at one time.
- The extensions should be carefully added to the water and gently swished around to remove any dirt and residue that may have collected on the extension.
- Once the extensions have been swished around for a few minutes, they should be carefully rinsed with cool water to remove any shampoo residue.
- The hair extensions should be laid flat or hung up by clips so they can fully dry before being combed again with a wide-toothed comb.
These Tips Make Extensions Beautiful
By using the above tips, you can rest assured your extensions will stay clean and look beautiful for as long as possible. Washing should be done once a week when the extensions are being worn on a frequent basis. …